Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Craigslist RSS

I like to save money where ever I can. If I can purchased a refurbished iPad, iPhone, laptop, used car/car parts, gym equipment, a used college course textbook for half the price of a brand new one... it's a no brainer. Often time I searched to buy these products on Amazon, eBay or Craigslist. Sometime I will find a great deal on Craigslist, and I'm too late. The owner has just sold a pressure washer that I could have purchased to clean the bird poop off the side of my house. (Stupid pigeons!) I've learned that Craigslist uses RSS and offers their users a way to subscribe to a RSS feed.  The user has to have a RSS reader (I have used "feedly"), then fill out the Craiglist search as they normally would,  and finally clicked of the RSS button at the bottom of the screen. That's it. Now I can get a notification every time a new post fit my search description. More info can be found here. Original Article

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flickr Slide Show

Flickr Slide Show Link