Monday, March 26, 2018

CIT 160 Introduction to Computer Security

Course Description: Principles and practices of protecting valuable data from loss, corruption and compromise. Emphasis on the needs of home computer users and small businesses. Topics include data backup, risk assessment, network and internet security and e-commerce.

Instructor: Michael Razeggi

Would I take this course again or recommend it: I wouldn’t take this course again. I do believe it was informative. I touched on computer security in IS 101 and CIT 112B, but this course went more in depth. I would like to take more advance cyber security or ethnical hacking courses.

What would I have done differently: The required textbook for this course, had referenced a lot of outside resources. I could have spent some time checking them out...

Is it worth the Money: $285 tuition, $19.50 technology fee, $24 student union fee, $75 Computer Security Fundamentals, 3rd Edtition (textbook) -- for a grand total of $403.50 plus time invested: I think it depends on if you’re going to work in network/cyber security sector or not. I don’t intend to, so me this course wasn’t really worth it. I learn and discuss some common computer security concepts, researched malwares, viruses, spywares, DoS attacks, SQL injections, encryptions and other hacks. The text was very well structured in my opinon and wasn’t a bad purchased. I think you can also find or purchase a pdf version for about $10.

Certification: Not really.


Transfer to UNLV: Probably not...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flickr Slide Show

Flickr Slide Show Link