Saturday, March 17, 2018

CIT 130 Beginning Java

Course Description: An introduction to the Java programming language. Covers the language’s control structures, Object Oriented Concepts, simple graphical displays, file input/output, and error handling.

Professor: Dr. Naser Hervai

Would I take this course again or recommend it: I would take this course again and recommend to future programmers and web developers. This was the generic introductory programming course to Java. I learn about the basics – variables, loops, data structures, classes, exceptions and GUI. I believe this Java course advance faster than the C++ introductory course CS 135, which was something that I preferred. Professor Hervai was also very coherent and knowledgeable.

What would I have done differently: CSN occasionally offers a Boot Camp competition. Individual who score high enough in their respective exam, are given a paid-for voucher to take the corresponding certification exam. I missed the minimum requirement by one point. I guess I should have study just a little bit harder.

Is it worth the Money: $285 tuition, $19.50 technology fee, $24 student union fee, $155 Introduction to Java Programming, Comprehensive Version 10, Edition (the book) -- For a grand total of  $483.50 plus time invested: Yes. I think the text book written by Daniel Liang is one of the best coding textbooks I’ve ever purchased, and I highly recommend it. This textbook can be rented for around $100. However you can easily find a pdf version of it online now. (Disclaimer: I don’t encourage piracy.)

Certification: Java SE 8 Programmer I


Transfer to UNLV: (Don’t know. I’ll find out later.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flickr Slide Show

Flickr Slide Show Link